Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sewing My 1950s Dress

Every year I sew a special Christmas and Easter dress. About two years ago, I asked my grandma if I could help her sew one of my dresses. She said OF COURSE! So, she's been teaching me how to sew. I started getting more into it and fell in love with vintage patterns. It's been a long adventure but my dress is at the cleaners and I will pick it up tomorrow! I will post a final picture on Easter. I LOVE the wide collar on this pattern! I made the straight dress on the right. I had to combine the two patterns to make it my size and it turned out wonderful (both the yellow dresses). The fabric is a pretty blue linen with a white linen collar. I made the belt and I am making pearl bobby pin hair accessories. I have white crocheted gloves I scored at a local thrift store. Instead of just a Christmas and Easter special dress, I am going to start making more vintage dresses! I'm so excited! I'll post a finished product soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment