Monday, May 21, 2012

Prom Dress Inspiration


May 19th 2012- I had the best time at high school prom. What do girls look forward to the most for prom? THE DRESS! My mind was buzzing with all the dress ideas. One night, my family was watching Dancing With the Stars when I saw the dress I wanted to make. This season, Maria Menounos and Derek danced a foxtrot during Motown week. Maria wore a sparkly, sequin, long, flowy dress with white gloves. As she was spinning around, (watch the dance here) I fell in love! I jumped online and found a pattern on Etsy. It's Butterick 3768: strapless, long, corset back. PERFECT! I wore a light blue shirt underneath with my vintage elbow length gloves and a curly updo. In the end, I got exactly want I pictured along with SO many wonderful complements! I do LOVE this dress.



My inspiration!


Corset back 

This was AFTER prom when I wore it the next day to church.

Waiting for my date.....

His tux. Flowers. My gloves.

1 comment:

  1. Where to find a Unique Prom Dresses can depend on your budget. You can find some beautiful prom dresses in resale stores. They are only worn once and lots of people donate them. If you are also on a budget, look at stores like JC Penney, Nordstrom Rack, Neiman Marcus Last Call, T J Maxx, Saks 5th Off and Marshall’s. You could look at the sale rack of bridal shops for a bridesmaid dress that might work for you.

    ReplyDelete